Friday, November 18, 2011

Where can I buy used planters (cheap) to start my flowers indoors next year?

I am looking to buy some used planters to start some seeds I have indoors for this year and next. I have looked on ebay, but the shipping is expensive. Do the greenhouses ever carry extra that they sell for cheap? Where else can I get them?

Where can I buy used planters (cheap) to start my flowers indoors next year?
Check out places where they are doing landscaping for new construction or at shopping centers and places like that. When they put in the plants they have the containers left, and sometimes you can get the pots for free. Just ask and someone will probably let you have some.





The good thing about getting them this way is you know the plants were planted -- a lot of times at nurseries, the pots they sell are from plants that died, and that increases your risk of getting a disease in your garden.





You can also use yogurt containers that you poke holes in for drainage. Or cut down plastic water bottles and put holes in the bottom for drainage.
Reply:some things I use that are free:


--styrofoam egg cartons; put 1 or 2 seeds in each egg cup.


--clear plastic lidded containers that you get donuts and stuff in at the bakery.


--clear plastic dishes (with lids) that you get ice cream in at dairy queen; they're like mini greenhouses.


--used styrofoam coffee cups; wash them out and punch a few holes in the bottom


No comments:

Post a Comment